MAINTENANCE SERVICES ASSISTANT
Range: $11.83 - 13.93 per hour
The Maintenance Services Assistant provides cleaning, maintenance and landscaping duties of parks and municipal properties. Works under close supervision of the Recreation Maintenance Foreman.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains parks, courts and municipal properties, including mowing, trimming, edging, landscaping, brush removal, litter pickup, tree trimming, and snow removal.
- Performs tasks related to sports field maintenance, including raking fields, weed control, lining and fence repair.
- Provides custodial maintenance at City buildings.
- Operates landscape equipment including mowers, trimmers and backpack blowers.
- Operate portable sprayers or equipment with specific attachments to apply fertilizer and pesticides.
- Loads and unloads materials, tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs checks, preventative maintenance and light repairs on equipment.
- Performs a variety of support and clean-up activities, including cleaning, sweeping and handling of all types of parks and recreation materials.
- Assist at events sponsored by the City.
- Deliver, set-up and remove chairs, risers and other portable items needed for special events.
- May assist with routine checks or maintenance of playground equipment, swimming pool, bowling equipment and lanes.
- Drives and operates City vehicles and small and/or light equipment.
- Attend safety and training sessions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time work experience in landscaping, general maintenance or construction.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Possess (within 6 months of hire) and maintain a valid First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job description.
Click Here to download a job application.